Canine CruisersTake a dog for a walk, run, or play date from the Rowlett Animal Shelter!
Friends of Rowlett Animals
Canine Cruisers Program
- Complete the volunteer application by clicking the “Get Started” button on the right!
- Complete all FRAs orientation and animal handing training.
- The yellow FRAs T-shirt and/or hoodie must be worn at all times when escorting an animal off shelter property.
- Dogs MUST be leashed at all times.
- Leave and return through lobby/front door. Do not go in and out of the service drive gate.
- Carry a cell phone with the shelter phone number programmed in case help is needed while out.
- Carry poop bags while on walk, and use if necessary.
- Sign in/out on the volunteer sheet at shelter; must speak with an ACO (Animal Control Officer) to see which dogs are cleared to be on the walk list.
- Dog should be wearing a FRAs ‘ADOPT ME’ bandana or vest while out of the shelter.
- Dogs should not be taken out in rain, storms or other dangerous weather.
- ACOs have final say if a dog can be walked, or who can walk a dog.
- Must be 18 or older to check out a dog; ACOs must approve dog being walked if children under the age of 13 are walking with a FRAs volunteer.